Friday, November 30, 2007

Enchanted

My wife and I took the kids to the matinee to see "Enchanted." I have to say that I was entertained and enjoyed the movie. I'm not sure that the movie was geared toward children because there was some adult humor, however it was not as bad as other supposed children movies with their unexpected innuendos. "Enchanted" was funny and entertaining, for both me and the kids, but I don't think my 2 year old was quite as interested as my 5 year old; she was more interested in a little girl a few seats down from her, but overall she did well at the movies. This movie is more of a play-on all Disney movies than a new fairytale, but they did in such a way that it wasn't ridiculous or over-the-top like other parodies. They kept it pretty fresh and humorous, even if it was pretty obvious what would happen at the end, but there were still a few surprises here and there. Overall, I give the movie an A-, and it's fun for parents to watch with their kids too (at least they give you an excuse to watch it).

No comments: