Thursday, February 21, 2008

More American Idol - The Top 24

Two nights ago the 12 guys gave their performances in front of the judges. Last night the ladies performed. The judges said that there were more talented women than men, but I think that even though there were four women I liked and four men, that the men were actually better sounding than the women. The four men whose performance I liked were Michael Johns, Jason Castro, Robbie Carrico, and David Cook. The four best women were Alaina Whitaker, Brooke White, Carly Smithson, and Ramiele Malubay. As a whole there were 6 men who did well as I think that David Archuleta and Colton Berry also were good, but as for the ladies none of the others really stood out in my mind. The judges must have been hearing something I couldn't as they loved Amanda Overmyer (the rocker), which didn't really pronounce her words but slurred them, and Alexandrea Lushington who they said "had it" was off on my ears. For the most part I had agreed with Simon on most occasions and I was surprised that he said the girls were better than the guys because I can only count 3 women he had good remarks about, but he said there were 4 great girls... hmmm?

I think that out of the guys the worst performances were Danny Noriega, Garret Haley, Jason Yaeger, and Luke Menard. I think that Danny Noriega will probably get the spunky votes like last years Sanjaya and won't get voted off. I actually think that the two bottom vote receivers will be Garraet Haley and Jason Yaeger, just my opinion although Chikeze may slip in there somehow. It still surprises me how any of these 4 or 5 guys made it over Josiah Leming (MTV Article), but that's life, and he seems to be taking it well.

As for the worst women performances, I have to say that Amy Davis was really bad. I didn't like Amanda Overmyer, Kristy Lee Cook (even though she's from Oregon), and I wasn't too sure about Asia'h or Alexandrea as their voices didn't sound that great to me even though I don't think either of them will be voted off tonight. I think Amy Davis and Kristy Lee Cook will be the most likely to be voted off tonight as they were pretty off. If VFTW (Vote For The Worst) has any pull, Amy Davis may stick around, but I find it unlikely.

Who were your faves and who were your least?

No comments: