Thursday, February 21, 2008

American Idol: Elimination show from 24 to 20

12 guys and 12 girls performed on Tuesday and Wednesday and tonight 2 guys and 2 girls are going away. I already made my predictions in my previous blog of who I thought would be eliminated and why, let's just see how accurate that is.

The show starts and first I have to listen to all of them sing together... I guess this is just to drag it out a little longer into a full hour. I guess it would be too easy to just say, "you 2 girls... GO HOME, you two guys... GO HOME!"

Commercial time - Man, these vitamin water commercials are CrAzY!!! Where do they come up with those things? I also don't think that the show "UnHitched" looks all that interesting.

I guess I forgot about that other David (Hernandez)... he wasn't half bad, now that I think about it. Immediately, they call up Garrett Haley and just tell him he's done... just like that. BAM!!! Now, I have to listen to the horrible song that got him eliminated in the first place. I was right with this one. I really can't see how this guy made it and Josiah Leming didn't. WOW!!!

Ladies turn... "After the Break".

Going through last nights performances and the judges comments, I personally didn't think that the Asia'h chick was the best of the night as Simon said... I personally don't hear her voice selling any CD's. The call up Kristy Lee Cook, and I'm surprised she was not voted off, but I was not surprised about Amy Davis... at all. We listen to her sing, and yep it was just as bad as I remember.

Yeah... we get to watch Paula Abdul... again. I guess I didn't have to watch her on the superbowl pre-game show, but I did, and she's outdated to me. Even her outfit looks like the one from her old music videos... you remember the one with the cartoon cat. Her sound is kinda new though.

Joanne and Amanda were called up and one of them are going home, which means the rest of the women are safe and none of the others will be going home. I thought that Amanda was bad, but thinking back to Joanne's performance, she was kind of (as Simon would say) "forgettable". I personally thought that Amanda Overmyer slurred her words and didn't sound well, but she had the better reviews from the judges. Yep, Joanna has been voted off. I don't think she was that great, but there were a few worse than her that's for sure. Her performance however was forgettable and people forgot to vote for her. I guess I just like the song she sang, "I sing a little prayer for you," probably cuz I'm a fan of "My Best Friends Wedding," and her rendition definitely sounded better than Amanda's slurring and yelling. However, I was wrong about who would get voted off on this one.

It's back to the guys, and they called up Chikeze and Colton. I thought there would be an off-chance that Chikeze might creep in there, so I'm thinking he may be the one to go... wow... no Colton. In my book he was good... let's listen to his song again... or no, we'll watch their "journey" to the top 24 first. Listening to his song, I guess he wasn't top 4 guys like I thought, but it wasn't that bad... maybe votefortheworst.com had a little bit of a pull on keeping Danny alive... who knows?

That's the end. Joanna Borgella and Amy Davis are the two ladies voted off. Colton Berry and Garrett Haley are the two boys voted off. I guess I didn't think Joanna and Colton were all that bad, but I guess America did. 20 left and still my favorites Brook White and Michael Johns are still in it, and I like David Cook, Jason Castro, and Carly Smithson ... so until next week.

No comments: