Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Gas Stations in Oregon

I live in Oregon now, and I'm just getting the hang of the idea that I have to let people pump my gas for me. My wife's car has the gas cap on the drivers side and mine is on the passenger, but this morning I wasn't thinking and pulled in on the wrong side up to the pump. The attendant says to me, "You need to turn your car around." So, I do. I get out of the car and stand there for 2 to 3 minutes before a different attendant walks up. It's actually not permissable to pump your own gas, I don't know what would happen if I just did, but I was getting pretty upset waiting there. As a different attendant walks up, he says, "What can I get you?" Obviously, my answer was, "Gas!" I was pretty upset, but all I could do was laugh after I said that. I didn't get the nicest response, but I deserved it. Anyways... I could've pumped my gas and gotten out of there before the attendant even came up and talked to me (the second time), but I guess it's good for the Oregon economy as it gives some people jobs.

No comments: